Responder All Touch™ manages documentation of routine nursing activity by automating the routine charting of patient interactions – streamlining clinical workflow with timely data input and helping to reduce errors and delays in charting patient information.
News Release: Responder All Touch™ Launch
A new software interface launched by the Rauland Responder® critical communications solution is the first instance of a nurse call system integrating directly to a hospital patient’s electronic medical record, providing the ability for the systems to share information bi-directionally.
The solution, Responder All Touch™, manages documentation of routine nursing activity by automating the routine charting of patient interactions – streamlining clinical workflow with timely data input and helping to reduce errors and delays in charting patient information.
ResponderSync is the first information system that seamlessly links your team members and shares assignments across multiple systems. All with one sign-on.
The ResponderSync interface enables any assignments made in the Responder 5 system to be shared with other systems — automatically, real-time, all day — without manual intervention. Created in cooperation with industry leaders, the patent-pending interface ensures that specific portfolios of systems are eligible for this time-saving integration. ResponderSync removes silos of information and breaks down walls between systems. Part of the Rauland Responder nurse call, ResponderSync helps ensure that the information needed is shared across systems to make patient care the best it can be.
Responder 5 is a complete and easy-to-use communication system that integrates the capabilities of the latest technology - wireless phones and pagers, real-time locating systems, electronic staff assignments, and enterprise-wide reporting - with traditional "nurse call" equipment. The newest Responder is readily customized to fit your environment, to address your hospital's challenges and deliver the performance in nurse call you are looking for.
Responder 5 Call Processing minimizes the steps involved in nearly every common workflow process across your facility. The system provides limitless opportunities to boost efficiency and improve patient care by supporting hundreds of different call events, and each event can be customized according to your organization’s precise needs. This unprecedented degree of flexibility has made Responder 5 so much more than nurse call.
Responder 5 Call Processing Highlights
- Direct, real-time communication hospital wide
- Improves patient care, job satisfaction and hospital revenue
- Nearly 1,000 unique call events covered
- Highly customizable to your hospital’s processes
- Developed by the industry leader in nurse call systems
These reports allow nurse managers and staff to identify those areas where they may need to alter workflows in order to improve HCAHPS scores. With the ability to measure activity and response times as well as report on exception and coverage data, the reports provide all of the information needed to know where to alter workflows to improve the patient experience.
Real-Time Locating Systems Real-time locating systems (RTLS) are gaining traction as technologies that automate a number of tracking tasks vital to hospital operations. Using RTLS technology, locating tags on people or objects can communicate with a series of sensors strategically placed throughout the RTLS environment. The tag’s position relative to these sensors is visible on digital maps for reference and tracking. RTLS technology is commonly employed in hospitals to track assets. Nurses can spend hours trying to find diagnostic equipment, properly sterilized instruments, and other assets. One recent study estimates that, on average, a nurse spends one hour per shift simply trying to find things. In a hospital with well-integrated RTLS technology, nurses can find what they need quickly. All that’s required is a search on a nursing-station computer or a portable device, such as an iPhone. Less time looking for equipment can mean more time spent actually caring for the patient.
Baylor Scott & White (since 2001):
- 6 hospitals, multiple clinics throughout South Texas
- Rauland Responder 4/ R-NET & Rauland Responder 5
- ADT/HL7 Integration
- RTLS integration including asset management
- Connexall Middleware Layer (Integrated with multiple disparate systems beyond nurse call - for example ITV, telemetry, OR Management)
- Integration with multiple different types of wireless end devices (Spectralink, iPhone, N-Com, and Ascom)
We opened a new hospital in August 2013 in College Station, Texas...We could not have had a successful opening with the help of AC&C.We opened a new hospital in August 2013 in College Station, Texas...We could not have had a successful opening with the help of AC&C.
University Health Systems (new 10 story Sky tower and existing buildings):
- Rauland Responder 5 System with Enhancement Software
- Integration to Cisco Handsets via Spok Messenger/ Direct SIP
- Bi-Directional EMR integration
- ADT/HL7 Integration
- Responder SYNC Staff Assignment for Savant AVG/ Skylight ITV
- Remote Code Blue consoles in UHS Tech Center (via UHS LAN)
- Over 650 Staff Terminals – dedicated, customized workflows
Our hospital contracted with AC&C to provide services related to installation, programming, and education on the Rauland nurse call system...I am so grateful to Valerie, Chris, and the AC&C team for helping us to maximize the use of the Rauland system in our hospital!
BAMC/SAMMC (existing and new hospital):
- Rauland Responder 4/ R-Net Enhancement Software for Hospital
- Rauland Responder 4000 for Clinic
- Connexall Middleware Layer (integraed with multiple disparate systems – for example nurse call, web paging, telemetry, code blue data aggregation via XML)
- In house paging solution
- Custom Code Blue Paging Solution
Corpus Christi Medical Center (4 facilities):
- Rauland Responder 5 with Enhancement Software
- Phone Integration with Direct Connect
- Code Blue Paging Solution
- ADT/HL7 Integration
- Access Control and Surveillance